As we inch closer to a long, hot West Aussie summer, now is the perfect time to get some pre-summer jobs done at your house. The winter blues are behind us, and the summer sun is getting ready. If you want to be cool and comfortable this summer and make the most of your home and gardens, get your place summer-ready with a few simple jobs.
Here’s 10 top tips for preparing your home for summer!
1. Service your air-conditioner. Replace filters and give everything a thorough clean so you’re ready for those hot days and nights.
2. Prepare the pool. Now is the time to crank everything back up after winter. Check pumps is working properly, check chemical levels, replace the pool filter, and give it a vacuum so it’s sparkling and ready to dive into!
3. Get rid of creepy crawlies. Hot weather brings all the critters out of their hiding spots, so it might be a good idea to get your place professionally sprayed.
4. Prepare your home for bushfires. Get ready by cleaning your gutter, repairing damaged or missing roof tiles, clearing up fallen leaves and debris around your property, keeping lawns short and gardens maintained, and fitting seals around windows and doors to eliminate any gaps.
5. Give your garden some love! Check your reticulation is working properly and replace sprinklers that might have gotten broken over winter. Consider some
clever landscaping and do some planting ready for summer.
6. Spruce up the patio. Oil the deck or give the floors a pressure-clean to get rid of winter mould. Fix anything that has broken in the winter storms, and maybe
look at a fresh coat of paint if it’s needed. You’ll be glad you’ve put in the effort when you’re enjoying your patio with family and friends on those warm
7. Consider installing exterior window coverings – awnings or roller shutters can make a world of difference in shading your house!
8. Update your home’s insulation. Imagine the difference in cooling your home this summer if your insulation is refreshed.
9. Look for leaks. Keep the cool air inside and the hot air outside by ensuring your home is properly sealed. Test the stripping and caulking around your doors and windows and replace where needed.
10. Call in the professionals! Why not get someone else to do all the hard work for you – after all they are the experts!
Trade Heroes has all the tradies you need! Want to find the best Perth tradies all in one place? Trade Heroes have them all! Whatever category you need, whatever suburb you are in, we have the tradie for you. Forget the endless search, trying to remember who you’ve used before, and reading reviews on social media to make the decision on who to call. Trade Heroes has everything you need in the one place. Visit tradeheroes.com.au and get your home summer-ready!